Thursday, June 11, 2009

“The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.”

It all started one day while I was on myspace. I saw a large advertisement that said, "Are you 26 and fat?" My reply was a resounding "Pfff, NO! I'm 27." Then, I tried my hand at Wii Fit. My Wii is like an over honest, well intentioned, Italian grandmother. It promptly told me that I need to lose weight, a lot of weight. I could literally hear it say, "You're too pretty to be that big." It was only after staring at my short, fat little Mii thinking, "She'd be cute if she was skinny" that I realized I should do something.

Right now my body and my fat are casual acquaintances. Fat has only been around for the last 4 years so there hasn’t been time to establish a real bond. Truth be told, my body doesn’t like my fat all that much, but its being all passive aggressive about it. My fat is like the friend that comes over, and always brings good snacks. You don’t really like them, but the snacks are just so delicious.

I’m starting this blog to chronicle my weight loss journey. “Oh no, not another weight loss blog,” bemoans the collective world wide web. Trust me, I’m not pumped about being heavy enough to document my weight loss journey. I wish my weight loss could be less of an expedition and more of a quick jaunt around the block, but alas, I woke up one morning and my size was almost the same as the age of a senior in high school. My ass was literally big enough to receive a diploma. Well, enough is enough.

It won’t be easy, I will undoubtedly shed some blood and tears. Ok, not blood that’s a little dramatic, but hopefully pounds. Feel free to offer words of advice and encouragement. But if you don’t have anything nice to say, feel free to say nothing at all. And as they say, “Let the games begin!”

6 comments:

  1. Eeeee!! I'm really proud of you! I'm already way too invested in this--I practically feel like it's me. You can do anything you set your mind to! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny Caroline! Love the blog and am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know i give u a hard time, but u know that's cuz we're family. i'm proud of you for doing this. taking care of your body is very importatnt - as i'm sure you already know - because you only get one. i officially (not joking around) give you mad props for doing this and u know u have my support!
    -Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rooting for you and actually I'm your biggest fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude. please make sure that while you're on your excursion that you jog your ass to the nearest publisher...for you have a serious talent in the art of writing..fuckin' right dude. YOU CAN DO THIS SHIT! FUCK RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete