Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"The first wealth is health."

So, in my two week hiatus I have realized something. Losing weight is not the hardest thing to do in the world. Its blogging about losing weight that is hard. But I’m back, with a vengeance, and with good news to report.

So I have lost 7 pounds since the start of my blog, and about 14 since May 10. Yay me! ::press applause machine button:: My clothes that I’m not mortified to admit the size of are fitting again and I FEEL better. So I haven’t ignored the blog because I haven’t been doing well, I’ve ignored it because I’m too busy being AWESOME at losing weight, true story.

The best part about this whole thing is that I’ve been in lots of situations where I could have misbehaved, diet wise. First of all, I love her dearly, but my sister from another mister Maresha eats like a dude. And that is fine for her, she’s all of about a size 4 and that’s just about as big as she’ll ever get. It’s hard when you are around people that eat a lot to not indulge. But I went to her house for a birthday/graduation and I managed to behave myself. I had my veggie burgers, WHICH WERE DELICIOUS, no matter how much people made fun of me for eating them. I didn’t have cake (ok I had a bite of a cupcake, but a bite never killed anyone).

Then, last weekend I went to a wedding which by itself is fine, but it was an open bar wedding ::gasp, all the empty calories:: I am not even going to lie, I drank. But the REST of the time I ate responsibly and didn’t over indulge so I don’t feel bad. Plus I had an awesome workout, I danced my heart out.. which in my world cancelled out all the alcohol calories *proud face*

Also, I’ve been keeping up with all my walking and running and everything else. I’m actually starting to enjoy it. I have had trouble keeping up with the Couch to 5k program, mainly because I hate to go to a gym and I can’t really time my running while I have a jogging stroller to push. So I run until I feel like passing out (maybe that isn’t good, but it works). And then I walk until I feel like I can run again. I had my brother’s IPOD the other day and I will say, run dancing is better than just running. I think I’m going to market it as the next “thing”. Why just run, when you can listen to music and run dance? In case you’re curious run dancing involves singing, fist pumping at appropriate song climaxes, and moving my shoulders while holding Carmen’s stroller. It’s pretty awesome, and in my head, I burn more calories.

So I’m pretty pumped about dinner tonight. BLOG SHOUTOUT I’ve been following this awesome blog, A Year in the Kitchen. She has the best recipes and she too is on a weight loss journey so most are VERY health conscious. Since moving away from the DC metro area, I’ve found that take out selections have dwindled. Not that I’m looking for take out, but I love sushi and Indian and they aren’t readily available in New Jersey. Well I found a recipe for an Indian pizza on her website so I took what I liked and modified it some to please me and that’s what I’m doing tonight for dinner. All the boys are away so my mom, Carmen and I are doing a girl's dinner/movie night. I’m very pumped and I’ll let you know how it all turns out.

So that’s what I’ve been up to. I’m really going to try to carve out some time each night to bust out a blog. The encouragement I’m getting from everyone is, admittedly, a HUGE HELP and totally unexpected, especially some of the sources of said encouragement. I really appreciate all the kind words and support, it means TONS.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE Rundancing. I do it to Seth while we run, mostly to humiliate him, but really because how can you not do finger pointing buttshaking to any of Justin Timberlake's songs? RunWeightTraining though, I do not recommend, the indoor football team working out at the same gym as us in Sioux Falls gave me a lecture about being a responsible spotting partner. I still don't see how they weren't dancing to Timbaland. Instead they were saving Seth from the bar...
    Anywhoo KEEP IT UP!!! Stubborn Persistance is actually one of greatest qualities! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your gonna be lookin evin finer in no time. Maybe you could make me one of those healthy dinners and we could later workout, like dancin or a little sumtin sumtin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comments are for loving, not for fighting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dat's right boo, no fighting. So when you hittin that 5k run? I'm game to run it wicha if your game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know who you are "anonymous".. but the more the merrier, assuming you aren't anyone I hate, I just don't know lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust me, I KNOW you would really like me. I'll give you my e-mail if you wanna go on a date or sumtin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, well I'm not single, but thanks for the offer. I just prefer named encouragement rather than anonymous encouragement.

    ReplyDelete